Mentors Make the Difference
With more than 40 participating schools in Oregon, ProStart® is a great way to connect with the future leaders of our industry. As a mentor, you will embrace many roles, from teacher to role model. Mentors provide overall support for ProStart® students and help students make a real-world connection to their goals and the future. Support from local hospitality leaders results in educated, motivated and professional hospitality industry employees.
By mentoring you will:
- Create a high quality labor pool for the hospitality industry.
- Learn by teaching.
- Groom potential employees.
- Gain fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Improve self confidence and focus in students' lives.
Searching for great employees?
Look no further than local ProStart® students! ProStart® is an excellent career starter for high school students, an exciting teaching opportunity for educators, a chance to share practical knowledge for mentors, and a smart investment in the future of Oregon's hospitality industry. ProStart® students have both FOH and BOH skills:
- Customer Service & Communication
- Food Storage, Safety & Sanitation Practices
- Knife Skills, Preparation & Cooking methods
- Cost & Inventory Control
America's restaurants are an industry of opportunity - learn how ProStart is building a pipeline of talent to help fill the 1.3 million jobs the industry will add over the next decade (see video).
To learn more about hiring a ProStart® student, contact Wendy Popkin at 800.462.0619.